The Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ) has opening for Postdoctoral scientist (f/m/d) in the Nakagami Group in the area of Evolutionary molecular plant-microbe interactions (EvoMPMI). The candidate will work in projects aiming to understand basic framework of the plant immune system mainly using Marchantia polymorpha and Arabidopsis as tools.
- Applicant must be highly motivated with a PhD in Plant Biology (Biology) and extensive knowledge and skills in molecular biology.
- Experience with Marchantia polymorpha and/or Arabidopsis will be advantageous.
- Applicants should have published research results in peer-reviewed high quality journals, demonstrated creativity, independence, high motivation, good communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as with other members of our research group.
- The position would suit early stage researchers who will typically have recently completed or about to complete a PhD and have no more than 2 years of post-doctoral experience.
Starting date: December 1, 2019
Duration: initially for 2 years with a possibility of renewal
The application should be submitted electronically as combined PDF document (LastName.FirstName.pdf) to Hirofumi Nakagami at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, research interests, and your motivation to work on the project,
- a full CV with a full publication list, and
- names and contacts of two to three references.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ)|
|Subject areas||Plant Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 31, 2019|