Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Ion Channel Biophysics, University of Bergen, Norway
Description: Sars International Centre for Marine Molecular Biology is seeking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow .The position is funded by Sars Centre core funding. The project concentrates on the evolution, function, and pharmacology of ligand-gated ion channels, receptors that mediate rapid communication between neurons, using molecular phylogenetic, mutagenesis, chemical biology, and electrophysiology. The project particularly interested in invertebrate ion channels whose function is crucial to the evolution of the nervous system. This project will emphasis on the biophysical characterization of such channels both in native and heterologous
Disciplines: Bio-Physics, Neuro Science, Pharmacology or similar.
Qualifications: Doctoral Degree in relevant field.
- The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent to a Norwegian Ph.D. Experience in patch clamp electrophysiology on cultured cells.
- Evidence for ability in investigating ion channel biophysics.
- Experience in cell culture and molecular biology (site-directed mutagenesis and cloning) will be preferred.
- Skills of teaching junior lab members.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken English.
Application Procedure: Apply online using the link given below. Application in English should include:
- A brief research interests and motivation for the position.
- Two references- include the names and contact information.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic records (related certificates/references).
- List of publications or other related scientific work
Salary: Salary at pay grade 60 upon appointment, currently NOK 535.200 gross p.a. A higher salary may be offered to candidates with excellent qualifications and experience. Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund and other benefits added.
|University of Bergen
|Bio-Physics, Neuro Science, Pharmacology or similar
|NOK 535.200 gross p.a.
|Doctoral Degree in relevant field
|5th March 2021