The Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics (RSAA) at Australian National University is seeking an experienced researcher to undertake internationally competitive research in galaxy and/or interstellar medium evolution. The candidate will be amongst the first to work with new data from the Australian Square Kilometre Pathfinder survey, Galactic Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder (GASKAP).
About the position:
- The Postdoctoral/Research Fellow will work with Professor Naomi McClure-Griffiths on the evolution of the Magellanic Clouds and/or Magellanic System with the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP).
- The Postdoctoral/Research Fellow will be part of the rapidly growing, 11 member strong, radio astronomy group at RSAA. This position will operate in partnership with other academic researchers within the School, CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science, and other Australian and international Universities.
- Duration: fixed term appointment for a period of 36 months
- A PhD (or awarding of a PhD within six months of appointment commencement) in astronomy, astrophysics, or a related area with a demonstrated aptitude for research.
- A strong publication record is desirable.
- Evidence of the ability to articulate and prosecute innovative research in the field of astronomy and astrophysics including experience in radio interferometry and/or large survey management.
- An ability and commitment to contribute to bids for competitive external funding to support individual and collaborative research activities.
- Evidence of an ability and willingness to teach at all levels.
- The ability to assist in the supervision of students working on research projects.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with a variety of staff and students in a cross-disciplinary academic environment and to foster respectful and productive working relationships with staff, students and colleagues at all levels.
- A demonstrated understanding of equal opportunity principles and policies and a commitment to their application in a university context.
Apply online and upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- CV including a list of publications, which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
- Description of previous research (2 pages)
- Statement describing future research plans with ASKAP (3 pages)
|Organization||Australian National University|
|Subject areas||Astronomy & Astrophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 Oct 2019|