ARENA Centre for European Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Oslo (UiO) invites applications to fill a vacancy for a two-year post-doctoral fellowship (SKO 1352) within the field of public administration / European studies. The position is part of the research project (European Integration and National Law: A theory of administrative behaviour in complex institutional settings) – COMPLEX.
The project analyses how these bodies interpret and practice EU’s secondary laws. The project will conduct vignette experiments of regulatory scenarios that the post-doctoral fellow will be in charge of, including a multi-factorial survey experiment that tracks the evaluations of upper level management.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree (PhD) in Political Science / European studies before taking up the post
- Previous research on and familiarity with one or more of the topics covered by the project is an advantage
- Skills in quantitative methodology and in conducting surveys and vignette experiments would be an advantage
- Ambitions for high-quality research and interest in the project’s and ARENA’s research fields
- Excellent writing skills and fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply
Apply online and application must include the following items:
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages), including statement of motivation
- A research proposal (max. 3 pages). The proposal should clarify the research theme, main research questions, theoretical approach, methodology and how the research contributes to the project’s research agenda
- A CV summarizing education, positions, research and pedagogical experience, administrative experience, and other qualifying activities
- A complete list of publications (if not included in the CV)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- Upload a copy of publication to date preferably a single-authored article published in an international journal
- Names and contact details for 3 reference persons (name, relation to candidate, e-mail, and phone number). Reference letters are not needed.
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Subject areas||Political Science, European studies|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th September 2021|