The Bio Medical Engineering and Imaging Institute (BMEII) at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to develop and apply novel MRI techniques in neuroimaging.
About the position:
- This is an excellent opportunity to conduct innovative MR research as a member of a team of technical and clinical experts with access to state-of-the-art imaging equipment housed at the Hess Center for Science and Medicine in New York City.
- The position will be in the Neuroimaging group jointly mentored by Dr. Prate Balchandani and Dr. Xiang Xu
- The candidate will primarily work on development of chemical exchange saturation transfer MRI techniques to image glucose and its derivatives in neurodegenerative diseases at 7T and 3T.
- The work will consist of MR pulse sequence design and implementation, image acquisition on patients and healthy volunteers and post-processing of imaging data.
- The postdoctoral fellow is also encouraged to develop her/his own research projects within the mission areas of the BMEII
The applicant should have a PhD in one of the following:
- Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field. Demonstrated research experience and publication records are necessary. Experience with Siemens IDEA and ICE environments is preferred. S
How to apply:
- The postdoctoral position at BMEII is a full-time research position. Initial appointment will be for one year with renewable appointments for subsequent years.
- Interested individuals should send a CV, a brief statement of interests, and a list of referees to Dr. Prate Balchandani (email@example.com).
- The position is immediately available until filled.
|Organization||Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Biomedical Engineering and Neuroimaging|