EMBL Barcelona is a new research unit focusing on Tissue Biology and Disease Modelling. The aim is to go beyond the molecular and cellular scale, integrating gene circuits with a tissue-level quantitative understanding of tissues and organs, both healthy and diseased.
Role and responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will develop and build 3D-BBB models with tubular shape and predetermined network geometry.
- Aim is to mimic vessel dimensions and flow dynamics of the brain vasculature.
- These models incorporate the different cell types that compose the BBB.
- The successful candidate will study how the cells self-organize to recapitulate barrier function, and how the BBB function responds to different physical and biological stimuli, including malaria parasites.
- Depending on the experience and interests, he/she will perform follow up analyses, including functional assays, advanced imaging, transcriptomics or metabolomics.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Bioengineering, Microfluidics or Physics
- Basic experience with tissue engineering and primary cell culture or iPSC differentiation
- Strong interest in cell biology, vascular biology or infectious diseases
- Experience in microscopy and imaging analysis and in transcriptomics, statistics and systems biology
- Knowledge in vascular and blood-brain barrier biology
- Basic wet lab experience, including molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL, Barcelona)|
|Subject areas||Bioengineering, Microfluidics, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 December 2019|
- Total Jobs 31 Jobs
- Address Germany