The University of British Columbia (UBC) is inviting applications for a position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) as a joint position in the labs of Prof. Frostad and Prof. MacLachlan. The successful candidate will take a lead role on an exciting project to develop sustainable agricultural spray technology using a combination of materials chemistry, polymer rheology, and soft matter physics.
- This position requires a PhD in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or a related field. Preference will be given to recent graduates (within the last 3 years).
- Experience in at least one of the following areas is required: materials chemistry, rheology, soft matter physics, or polymer science.
- Must have strong experimental skills, a demonstrated mechanical aptitude, and ability to use Matlab or Python for analyzing data and generating plots.
- Strong communication skills, a solid publication record (emphasizing quality of publications over quantity), and demonstrated leadership skills are essential.
- Experience with supramolecular chemistry, extensional rheology, and/or foams is a plus.
Duration: 2 years
- Take the lead in defining the project direction and executing on the predefined project objectives.
- Coordinate with graduate students on the project to ensure efficiency of the team effort.
- Gain a mastery of the state-of-the-art in the relevant research fields by conducting literature surveys.
- Carry out experiments, use existing or new theories to analyze and interpret results, and communicate the results through plots, diagrams, images, etc.
- Maintain clear and concise records of all work in a lab notebook and digital files following established standards.
- Attend regular meetings with the PIs, take part in the groups’ lab meetings, and act on direction and feedback from the PIs.
- Draft manuscripts for publication and prepare PowerPoint presentations for group meetings and conferences.
- Ensure ethical standards of research are followed and ensure economical expenditure or research supplies and funds.
- Perform other lab related duties as needed, including mentoring younger researchers, training students on experimental setups, etc.
How To Apply:
Reference number: PDFO-55186
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Chemistry, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|