The Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical Engineering at Ghent University is inviting applications for a postdoctoral fellow position.
About the research:
- The final objective is to develop an industrial software solution that can be applied to complex AM components and predict their fatigue life.
- The position is a fully numerical position, requiring advanced knowledge in numerical simulations (finite element method, Representative Volume Element-based multi-scale modelling), fatigue mechanics, computational crystal plasticity and also on extreme value statistics.
- The project will be carried out in close collaboration with a large number of industrial companies in the field of additive manufacturing (Siemens, Materialise, Sabca, ESMA).
- Candidates with a PhD degree in Computational Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, (Applied) Physics or similar are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate to have a strong background in computational mechanics and have strong programming skills (preferably in C++ and/or Python).
- Candidate must demonstrate interest to perform numerical research and to interact and collaborate with industry.
How to apply:
Computational Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, (Applied) Physics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Feb 28, 2021|