The Department of “Heterogeneous Reactions” at the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion (MPI CEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f/d).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Synthesis of carbon materials by hydrothermal process
- Characterization and analysis of carbon materials
- Performance of (electro)catalytic tests
- Handling of high pressure autoclaves
- Literature studies
- Information and communication within the project
- Completed scientific higher education, doctorate in Natural Sciences or engineering with a focus on chemistry or analytics
- Preferably relevant work experience in the fields of chemistry or physics
- Experience in carbon synthesis
- Experience in carbon and catalyst characterization
- Preferably experience in the field of ammonia decomposition or methane fuel cells
- Confident demeanor in dealing with colleagues and cooperation partners, good communication and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written) is necessary and preferably also of German
- Self-motivated personality with independent, target-oriented, and structured way of working.
- High degrees of self-initiative, resilience, creativity and flexibility as well as collaborative skills are prerequisites.
Send application with all important documents preferably by email (as single pdf document) with the subject “SH003” to email@example.com.
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 18, 2020|