Postdoctoral at the Department of Geography, Pennsylvania State University, USA
The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences of The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar position to begin on or after January 15, 2021.
The position will involve being responsible for designing, implementing, and empirically evaluating immersive experiences for education with a particular focus on geosciences and biology. Successful applicants can have a range of qualifications and should have a background in geographical information science with a focus on 3D modeling, immersive data visualization, and designing immersive experiences.
- 3D modeling and visualization skills (modeling for real time rendering a plus)
- Visualization for biological applications
- Programming skills (in particular C#)
- Experience in the development of software for commercial or open source applications
- Code management system such as git
- Application development with game engines such as Unity3D and Unreal Engine
- Experience in learning assessment
- Experience in the design of experimental evaluations of (immersive) learning
- Communication skills for interacting with academics, instructional designers and others across the academic spectrum.
The position is based in the Department of Geography, working under the supervision of Professor Alexander Klippel, and there will be opportunities to collaborate and interact with a broad group of faculty and students. It is expected that applicants will have completed a Ph.D. in Geography or a related field by the start of the position.
Fellowships Details: Funding is available for one year from date of hire with possibility for renewal. To apply, applicants should upload the following: a cover letter detailing their qualifications for the position, a copy of their CV, list of publications, names and contact details for three references. Applications will be reviewed beginning January 1st 2021.
Qualifications / REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful applicants can have a range of qualifications and should have a background in geographical information science with a focus on 3D modeling, immersive data visualization, and designing immersive experiences.
- Any subset of the list below is possible but a strong focus is placed on technical skills as well as skill related to the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of immersive technologies.
- The ideal candidate must be adaptable, capable of thriving in a rapidly changing environment, where new approaches and technologies may change quickly.
Deadline: Until the position is filled
|Organization||UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA|
|Subject areas||Earth and Mineral Sciences: Geography|
|Eligibility||Open for International students|