Postdoctoral Position in Organic/Supramolecular Chemistry
Prof. Vladimir Sindelar (Supramolecular Chemistry research group) is looking for a talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher with strong skills in organic synthesis.
- The postdoc position concerns the synthesis of new bambusuril macrocycles, their purification, characterization, and investigation of their ability to bind anions inside their cavity.
- The project is well suited for individuals with strong skills in organic synthesis. Proven expertise in the synthesis of macrocyclic compounds and the characterization of host-guest systems in the solution by NMR, UV-Vis, fluorescence and ITC will be desirable.
- For further information about the research group see our webpage http://supramolecular.sci.muni.cz./.
Requirements and qualifications
- The candidate obtained within the the past 7 years a Ph.D. degree in organic, supramolecular or physical chemistry.
- The candidate is expected to have previous research experience and a solid record of accomplishment in peer-reviewed scientific journals (i.e. WoS, SCOPUS), including one first-author publication.
- The candidate has to prove the interest and motivation to tackle scientific challenges, independent planning of experiments to explore given hypotheses and technical skills to conduct experimental work. The candidate should have the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, independently solve technical issues, resourcefulness and excellent science writing are required. Additional requirements include good written and oral communication skills, excellent documentation skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of an international team.
Applications and selection process
- Candidates should submit the application including
- curriculum vitae,
- motivation letter,
- contacts of two persons who might provide references directly to Prof. Vladimir Sindelar – for application use the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications is February 29, 2020. A review of applications will run continuously as received. The best candidates will be invited for personal or Skype interview.
Deadline: 28 Feb 2020