Supercapacitors and batteries are critical enabling technologies and at the center of vast global research initiatives to meet the rising global demand for clean, sustainable energy.
About the position:
- Targeted forest-industrial materials are carbonized by hydrothermal carbonization (HTC), conventional pyrolysis, and microwave pyrolysis and chemically and/or physically activated.
- Characterization of feedstocks and biocarbons are performed (e.g. standard biomass analyses, SEM, sorption properties, FT-IR and NMR spectroscopy, surface area and pore distribution analyses, tomography, electrical conductivity, etc.).
- The project is carried out within the research environments Bio4Energy and Treesearch and thus provides unique access to research infrastructure and interdisciplinary collaborations.
- The position is located in Umeå at the Department of Forest Biomaterials and Technology.
- The research group has thorough expertise in biomass materials and thermal treatment and access to a unique infrastructure and technical support at the Biomass Technology Center.
- We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is interested in a continued academic career in bio-based technology.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree and evident expertise in electrochemistry.
- As postdoctoral appointments are career-developing positions for junior researchers,
- we are primarily looking for candidates with a doctoral degree that is a maximum of three years at the end of the application period.
- The applicant must have proven ability to independently initiate, conduct, and complete research projects and create and publish the results in international scientific journals.
- Candidates must have excellent skills in written and oral communication in English, which should also be demonstrated in peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations
How to apply:
We welcome your application no later than 2020-10-15, to apply use the link at the end of the document.
Applications must be written in English and contain
i) Summary of research experience indicating the fulfilment of qualifications required for the position,
ii) Curriculum Vitae including complete publication list clearly indicating peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed publications
iii) contact information for two reference persons.
|Organization:||SLU-Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Electrochemistry, bio-based technology|