Welcome to the University of Oxford. We aim to lead the world in research and education for the benefit of society both in the UK and globally. Oxford’s researchers engage with academic, commercial and cultural partners across the world to stimulate high-quality research and enable innovation through a broad range of social, policy and economic impacts.
About the position:
You should have significant experience in managing your own academic research and administrative activities along with excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for publication, present research proposals and results, and represent the research group at meetings.
- You will also have a strong publication record in the area of electrochemical characterisation of Li-ion and Li-metal battery materials, and possess sufficient specialist knowledge in the discipline to work within established research programmes.
- You will have the ability to identify research objectives and to carry out appropriate research activities within a given timescale, demonstrating the ability to work co-operatively with colleagues in an extremely fast-paced and intellectually stimulating environment.
- This full-time fixed-term post is available from 3 September 2020 until 28 February 2021 in the first instance, and is based at the Department of Materials, Rex Richards Building, South Parks Road, Oxford.
- There is a possibility that the post may be extended if further funding becomes available
- Applicants should hold a PhD/DPhil, or be near completion, in a relevant subject and have significant expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- solid state electrochemistry
- solid state materials chemistry
- batteries, in particular Li-metal and solid state batteries
- materials characterization including advanced imaging (i.e. FIB/SEM and TEM, spectroscopy and sample preparation) and X-ray techniques (i.e. XRD, XPS)
How to apply:
All applications must be made online using the Oxford University E-Recruitment system, no later than 12 noon on Thursday 27 August 2020.
- You will be required to upload a CV and a Supporting Statement as part of your application. Please do not attach any manuscripts, papers, transcripts, mark sheets or certificates as these will not be considered as part of your application.
- Before submitting an application, you may find it helpful to read
- the ‘Tips on applying for a job at the University of Oxford’ document, at ox.ac.uk/about/jobs/supportandtechnical/.
- 147344 job description
- Email- email@example.com
- Vacancy ID :147344
|Organization||University of Oxford|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Mathematical, Physical and material sciences|