The Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology is offering 1 Postdoctoral position in Migration and Mobility studies in the Department “Anthropology of Economic Experimentation” (starting as early as possible after 1 July 2021).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The postdoctoral scholar must have the highest potential for advancing mobility studies from the perspective of economic anthropology.
- The post holder will develop new lines of enquiries about mobilities and socioeconomic changes based on his/her own research and documentary evidence that the Department accumulates.
- The post holder must have carried out in-depth field research related to migration and economy, and is committed to broad conceptualization beyond case studies.
- The post holder will also advance global, cross-disciplinary conversations by developing networks and organizing a small number of events.
- Applicants should either be in possession of a PhD in Anthropology, Sociology or a related discipline or submit evidence indicating that such a dissertation will be finished and submitted before the designated starting date.
- The postdoctoral positions (TVöD E13) will be for duration of 2 years, renewable to a third year.
Apply online and applicants should send the following documentation:
- Cover letter
- CV, including list of publications
- 2 writing samples (chapter or article length)
- 1-2 page summary of Ph.D. thesis
- Short (1-2 pages) proposal for the work during the fellowship (this will form a basis for discussion if the applicant is short-listed)
- Photocopies of university degrees
- Names of two referees
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology|
|Subject areas||Anthropology, Sociology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|