The Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids (MPI-CPfS) and the Julius-Maximilians-University of Würzburg are offering a Postdoctoral Position in Physics (m/f/d) Molecular beam epitaxy of topological Heusler compounds.
About the position:
- Development of high-quality molecular beam epitaxy of complex half-Heusler material systems
- Detailed characterization of the material systems
- Organization of the permanent scientific exchange within the Dresden-Würzburg collaboration
- Presentation and publication of scientific results
- The position is affiliated with the Max Planck Institute in Dresden.
- The actual work is located in both Dresden and Würzburg
- Electrical transport experiments including device fabrication are conducted in collaboration with the University of Würzburg in the Würzburg labs.
- Applications are open to an ambitious postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in molecular beam epitaxy
- Applicant must hold PhD in Physics or related field plus several years relevant work experience
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience with the following technical procedures are required: Molecular Beam Epitaxy, especially growth on salt substrates; handling and maintenance of ultra-high vacuum (UHV) components
- Applicant must demonstrate experience with electron beam evaporator sources.
- Performing and interpreting relevant characterization techniques such as HRXRD, RHEED, AFM, SEM, phase contrast microscopy
- Applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Applications to be sent via email to email@example.com including:
- Cover letter indicating the motivation to apply for this position
- CV including list of publications in refereed journals,
- Short (<1 page) description of previous research accomplishments,
- 3 recommendation letters and names of referees.
|Organization||University of Würzburg,
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids (MPI-CPfS)
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|