The Department of Physics, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) have a vacancy for a postdoc working in the area of materials characterization in the Group of soft and complex matter science.
About the position:
- The position is financed by a Czech-Norway collaboration (Norway Grants) via the KAPPA Programme: “Nanoremediation of contaminated soils: Technology implementation with respect to ecotoxicological aspects”.
- The activities are experimental and involve materials characterization including use of surface science techniques. The measurement specimens will be contaminated soil samples collected by our partners in the Czech Republic.
- Applicant must have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree in Experimental Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required.
- The position requires experience in working with ultra-high vacuum and photo electron spectroscopy (XPS and UPS).
- Applicant will have an advantage if the applicant has data-analysis skills in e.g. Matlab.
- Experience with experimental training and teaching will be taken into account in the evaluation process
- Applicant must possess good written and oral English.
Apply online and the application must include:
- An application letter that shows clearly how candidate’s skills and experience meet the specific criteria and general research approach
- CV, certificates, and diplomas
- Academic works – published or unpublished – that you would like to be considered in the assessment
- Name and address of three referees
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Experimental Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th May 2021|
- Total Jobs 17 Jobs
- Address Norway