Chalmers University of Technology is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in new fuel cell catalyst materials from model electrodes. The main theme at Chemical Physics is the development of sustainable energy systems by using heterogeneous catalysis for alternative fuel production, emission control, energy storage, and fuel cells.
About the research:
- The research is interdisciplinary with strong connections between fundamental and applied science.
- The experimental activities at Chemical Physics focus on nanofabrication of well-defined materials, physical characterization using a range of microscopy and spectroscopy techniques such as SEM, TEM, AFM, XPS, XRD, EDX etc., and measurements of chemical reactions with high precision.
- This project will employ nanostructured model electrodes as a platform for developing and evaluating new catalyst materials for both PEMFC and AEMFC.
- The major responsibility as postdoc is to perform your own research in a research group, in this case fabricate interesting catalyst material candidates, perform physical characterization of fabricated materials, and evaluation of the materials as catalyst material in PEM or AEM fuel cells.
- The position also includes teaching on undergraduate and master’s levels as well as supervising master’s and/or PhD students to a certain extent.
- It is full-time temporary employment.
- The position is limited to a maximum of two years (1+1).
- Candidate must have PhD in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science not older than two years
- Expertise in experimental fuel cell research and/or fabrication and characterization of thin film and/or nanoparticle materials
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for progress and quality of the project
Apply online (application should be marked with Ref 20190730, in English). The application must have following attachemnets:
- CV including: include complete list of publications; Previous teaching and pedagogical experiences; Two references that we can contact.
- Personal letter (1-3 pages): Introduce yourself; Describe your previous research fields and main research results; Describe your future goals and future research focus
- Attested copies of completed education, grades and other certificates.
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 9, 2020|