The Department “Anthropology of Economic Experimentation” at Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology is offering 1 Postdoctoral position in studies on “Transformative Intermediaries” starting as soon as possible after 1 August 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The postdoc is expected to critically advance our understandings of how the global economy is being reorganized through the lens of mediation (broadly defined).
- Given the interest in mobilities, we particularly welcome proposals focusing on how the circulation of people, goods, and information are mediated.
- The post holder must have carried out in-depth field research on related topics and be committed to broad conceptualization beyond case studies.
- Applicants should either be in possession of a doctoral degree in Anthropology, Sociology or a related discipline or submit evidence indicating that such a dissertation will be finished and submitted before the designated starting date.
Submit application materials electronically and send the following documentation:
- Cover letter
- CV, including list of publications
- 2 writing samples (chapter or article length)
- summary of doctoral thesis (1-2 page)
- Short (1-2 pages) proposal for the work (this will form a basis for discussion if the applicant is short-listed).
- Photocopies of university degrees
- Names of two referees
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology|
|Subject areas||Anthropology, Sociology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 July 2021|