The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) invites applications for Post-doctoral positions in Solar Physics. The full-time positions are immediately available.
About the research:
- The institute has provided a large contribution to the mission’s payload, with the PI-ship of the SO/PHI instrument (Polarimetric and Helioseismic Imager), as well as Co-PI-ships of EUI (Extreme Ultraviolet Imager), the coronagraph Metis and, in the data phase, of the EUV spectrometer SPICE.
- The successful candidates will initially work on calibration, reduction and processing of data products of one or more of these instruments, and later on the scientific analysis of early science data.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in Physics with a focus on solar physics, astrophysics or a closely related field.
- Applicants should have an excellent knowledge of image data processing and familiarity with instrumentation.
- A background in solar atmospheric modelling would be of a benefit.
Duration: initially for a period of 2 years, with the possibility of an extension.
Applications to be sent until as one pdf file to email@example.com, quoting the reference “SOLO” including:
- A short description of past research activities
- A publication list and names of two potential referees
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Solar Physics, Astrophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 25, 2020|