The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Wyoming is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate under the leadership of Dr. Patrick Johnson. The project is based on coal-derived polymers. The project entails developing synthesis, processing, and evaluation methods for polymers and coatings, with the aim of industrial commercialization.
- The postdoc will have the opportunity to assist with writing grant proposals, participate in scientific conferences and workshops, and collaborate with researchers in Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, and Physics departments.
- This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
- Applicant must hold Doctoral Degree for this position, however, consideration will be given to applicants that are currently pursuing their Doctoral Degree and will complete the degree prior to starting work.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Experience in the field of Material Science and Development.
- Expertise in polymers and organic coatings, including their chemistry and their testing methods. Any polymer or coating-related experience from work in industrial companies or work in co-operation with industrial companies is highly desirable.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- Cover letter
- Resume or C.V.
- Contact information for four work-related references.
|Organization||University of Wyoming|
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st October 2021|