Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Faculty of Applied Science, University of British Columbia (UBC).
Reference Number: JR2618
Fellowship Details: The appointment will be for 12 months. The anticipated start date is August 1st, 2021
The successful candidate will have a strong research background in papermaking, textiles, or related fields and will work collectively with another Postdoc Research Fellow on this project as well as provide updates to our industry partner on a monthly basis. The position is an integral part of the BioProducts Institute’s team, in an effort to develop broad technical expertise in utilizing forest resources. The selected postdoc fellow will serve as the point of contact for external (industry) and internal (PIs and HQP) stakeholders to provide scientific and technical support.
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Textiles, Pulp, and Paper engineering or related fields
- Technical experience or training in fibers, fiber networks, nonwovens research, manufacturing, and production is highly desired.
The present position will be a part of a joint project with our industry partner. The successful candidate may manage the work of temp staff or students as assigned and may be required to provide supervision to lab/equipment users. Specific duties will include:
- Prepare a porous media with cellulosic materials
- Analyze fiber properties and optimize filtration performance as well as efficiency
- Analyze folding resistance and flexibility of the filtration medium
- Analyze structural properties
- Provide reports (written and oral) to our industry partner on a monthly basis
- Maintain safe and clean lab space used
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
The fellow requires research experience, excellent communication skills, judgment, and discretion in working with various senior professionals and collaborating with internal and external agencies.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|Subject areas||Chemical and Biological Engineering (Textiles, Pulp and Paper engineering)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Jul 31, 2022|