The Australian National University (ANU) College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS), School of Computing is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to focus on robot planning and learning in partially observed and adversarial scenarios. The school is a community of high performing academic and professional staff, students and visitors sharing a deep commitment to transforming the future of computing for the next generation. It is a leading centre for research in artificial intelligence and machine learning, computer systems and software, and theoretical foundations of computing.
- Applicant must hold PhD or close to completing a PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related area, with a track record of high-quality research in one or more of the following areas: Planning under uncertainty, Motion planning under uncertainty, Multi-robot planning under uncertainty, Reinforcement Learning, Markov Decision Processes, Partially Observable Markov Decision Processes, Algorithmic Game Theory, or Robust Control, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals, and by other measures such as awards.
- Experience in applying one of the above research areas to physical robot is a plus.
- Evidence of the ability to articulate and execute innovative research in AI/ML/robotics.
- High proficiency in computational techniques and programming.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, meeting deadlines for project elements.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills to interact effectively with a variety of collaborators and to foster respectful and productive working relationships with staff, students and colleagues at all levels.
- Potential and interest in teaching at all levels and in contributing to the delivery of the educational agenda.
Apply online and upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, please identify clearly which level he/she is applying for.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
- Other documents, if required.
|Organization||Australian National University (ANU)|
Computer Science, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||12 May 2021|