The Development Economics Group is, in cooperation with the Urban Economics Group at Wageningen University & Research is looking for a Postdoc researcher.
About the project:
- The aim of the project is to improve the social integration of migrants in China and the Netherlands by obtaining a better understanding of the impacts of social housing programmes and market forces on the urban housing of different migrant groups, and by assessing the impact of innovative social housing programs on the social integration of migrants.
- Funding for this project is provided by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). The duration of the appointment is four years from 2020-2024
- Main tasks will be:
- to examine existing housing policy innovations focusing on social integration of different migrant groups in China and the Netherlands using information provided by other researchers in the project;
- to interview refugees in different types of social rental dwellings in The Netherlands and draw lessons from their experiences;
- to organise a randomized controlled trial (RCT) in different types of communities in Shenzhen City (China), in close cooperation with the local government, in order to examine the impact of one or two policy interventions on the social integration of migrants.
- applicant must hold PhD degree in (development) Economics, Sociology, Human Geography or related field;
- Research experience with randomized controlled trials (RCTs) and qualitative methods (e.g. in-depth interviews);
- Knowledge of, and affinity with, migration and/or housing issues;
- Affinity with working in a multidisciplinary group in an international context; creativity, being innovative, taking initiatives;
- Applicant must possess fluency in written and spoken Dutch is preferable;
- Applicant must have excellent command of written and spoken English (a minimum of CEFR C1 level) and Chinese.
|Organization||Wageningen University & Research|
|Subject areas||Economics, Sociology, Human Geography|
|Deadline||8th July, 2020|