The Fibre and Particle Engineering Research Unit in the Faculty of Technology at the University of Oulu has opening for a Postdoctoral researcher. The field of the research is materials science and engineering of cements. The position is slated to start as soon as possible or as agreed. The duration of the employment contract will be one year and a trial period of six (6) months is applied in the position.
About the research:
- The motivation behind the study is sustainable utilization of industrial side streams and mineral resources in advanced inorganic materials.
- In alkali activation, alumina- and silica-rich materials are activated with alkali solution to yield ceramic materials, using room temperature processes.
- The work will be done as laboratory work and will consist of design and execution of research plan with the aid of the laboratory staff.
- The work is both academically challenging and has a large industrial relevance and interest.
- The Postdoctoral Researcher will be expected to focus on the mix design and fresh- and hardened-state properties of alkali-activated materials, including chemical analysis such as XRD, SEM-EDS and NMR. Work will include planning, conducting, and reporting of laboratory experiments.
- The selected candidate will have experience and knowledge of the materials science of alkali-activated materials and cements with background in materials science, chemistry, physics, or another relevant discipline.
- Applicant to hold Doctoral degree in Inorganic Chemistry, Mineralogy, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- The applicant should be highly motivated, have good analytical and problem-solving skills and fluent English.
Fill out the application online and the applications must include the following:
- CV according to guidelines of Finnish National Board on Research Integrity
- Motivation Letter
- List of publications
- Teaching portfolio
- Contact details of 2 – 3 referees
|University of Oulu
|Inorganic Chemistry, Mineralogy, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering
|Open to all nationalities
|September 23rd, 2019