RIKEN Cluster for Pioneering Research Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher position.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will be part of the BASE team at the antiproton decelerator of CERN, and is expected to participate in all aspects which are involved in BASE experiment operation.
- This contains maintenance of the experiment, development and implementation of new experimental single particle spectroscopy methods, online operation of the experiment, etc…
- As a main project for this position it is expected that the candidate designs an interface to connect the BASE experiment to the low energy antiproton ring ELENA.
- This involves the design of a puled drift tube, a degrader system, simulation studies to dimension the degrader and the development of a cryogenic valve.
- Antimatter Physics at the BASE Antiproton Experiment
- Candidate must possess a doctoral degree in Physics
- Research experience using Penning traps, experience with online operation of experiments, basic understanding of ion optics, basic understanding of antimatter experiments in general, experience with software implementation of experiment control code (LabView) etc.
- Candidate for this specific position should have an increased interest in engineering, and in the development and design of vacuum instrumentation.
- Knowledge on cryogenic engineering is appreciated.
- Complete CV (with photo and email address)
- List of research achievement and publications
- A letter of recommendation from the current supervisor (If unavailable, a letter from a substitute reference will be acceptable.)
- Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR
- Send the PDF formatted application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommendation letters must be emailed directly from the reference to email@example.com.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until the position is filled|