The Department of Chemistry and Materials Science at Aalto University is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Researcher with silicon MEMS fabrication background.
About the position:
- In this position candidate would work in a project which is part of the EU-funded brain-on-a-chip effort with six institutions (Aalto University, TU Eindhoven, KU Leuven, Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Sheffield, University of Luxembourg), which started in 2019.
- The work will include device design, silicon wafer fabrication and device characterization, and you will frequently collaborate with our biology partners.
- The candidate would join the talented Microfabrication group led by professor Sami Franssila.
- The selected candidate will also have an opportunity to work in a high-class 2600m2 cleanroom facility for microfabrication in silicon, glass, polymers, carbon materials and compound semiconductors.
- Applicant must have a PhD in Microelectronic Engineering, Nanotechnology, Physics or Materials Science.
- Applicant is expected to be an expert in silicon microfabrication (with good command of lithography, etching, (D)RIE, thin film deposition and bonding).
- Additional skills and knowledge in microfluidics, chemical sensors, electrochemistry or cell growth platforms would make you a good candidate for this position.
- CAD layout software know-how will be considered a bonus.
- Good oral and written command of English is necessary in this position.
Apply online and include the following documents in English.
- CV describing education, employment history and list of scientific publications
- Motivation letter
- Names and contact information of at least two references
|Subject areas||Microelectronic Engineering, Nanotechnology, Physics, Material Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 30, 2020|