Postdoctoral Researchers and Doctoral positions, Megasense and Urban sense
MegaSense is a large scale multi-disciplinary and international effort coordinated by the University of Helsinki to build real-time air quality sensing in Urban environments based on massive scale sensing with 4G and 5G mobile network technologies. UrbanSense is a pilot project conducted in the City of Helsinki, which will deploy the first of such air quality sensing platforms.
The major challenges addressed by these efforts include low-cost sensing platform development, AI-based sensor calibration, as well as distributed, massive scale, and real-time data collection and analytics.
Department of Computer Science at the University of Helsinki invites applications for postdoc researchers and doctoral students positions to work on research related to MegaSense and UrbanSense. We especially encourage applications from candidates with experience in one or several of the following topics:
- Sensors and microcontroller platforms (e.g., Raspberry Pi, Arduino)
- Mobile network technologies (e.g., NB-IoT, 5G)
- Data science and machine learning (e.g. supervised learning and regression, interpretable models, statistical methods, visualization)
The work will be conducted in the research groups of Professor Sasu Tarkoma and Associate Professor Kai Puolamäki.
- These are full-time positions can start immediately or upon mutual agreement.
- The salary is based on the demand level chart for teaching and research personnel in the salary system for Finnish universities.
- In addition, a salary component based on personal performance will be paid.
More information, please contact the following persons:
Professor Sasu Tarkoma: email@example.com
Associate Professor Kai Puolamäki: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Matti Siekkinen: email@example.com
Please submit your updated application using the University of Helsinki Recruitment System via online application link below.
Candidates should attach the following documents as a single pdf file: a letter of motivation (max 1 page) and a CV including a list of publications. Preferably, also include contact information of two references.
Deadline: November 15, 2018.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Fellowship Level||PhD and Postdoc|
|Subject Areas||Life sciences|
|Fellowship Amount||Between about 3 100–3 600 €|
|Eligibility||Open for international candidates|
|Deadline||November 15, 2018|