The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB) is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Scientist to work within the Group of Dr Phil Holliger, within a programme aimed at the engineering and directed evolution of CRISPR Cas endonucleases and base / prime editors. Specifically, to undertake research to investigate rapid screening of Cas ortho- and paralogues, rapid engineering of Cas activity and specificity of Cas orthologues including Cas, expansion of PAM specificity and the directed evolution of Cas prime editors
- To undertake research aimed at the engineering and directed evolution of CRISPR Cas enzymes.
- To identify, develop and apply a broad range of techniques to pursue the research objectives.
- To present scientific work at seminars within the Laboratory and at external meetings.
- To contribute to Laboratory-wide discussions on developments within the field.
- To draft scientific papers, and contribute to the overall preparation of research for publication.
- To contribute to the LMB’s mission in the public engagement of science, and the translation of research findings into improvements in health care.
- To assist in the training of PhD Students and other members of the LMB.
- Applicant must hold a PhD in a relevant subject or due to complete PhD within 6 months.
- Experience of and ability to perform techniques relevant to the project. Particularly useful would be experience of protein engineering, in vitro evolution and next generation sequencing.
- This will include achievements, and contributions to published papers.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|