MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology has opening for a Postdoctoral Scientist in Structural Studies. The position is available in Dr Venki Ramakrishnan’s lab (LMB 1546).
- To undertake research aimed at structural studies on translation.
- To identify, develop and apply a broad range of techniques to pursue the research objectives.
- To collaborate as necessary with others both in the group and outside to advance projects.
- To present scientific work at seminars within the Laboratory and at external meetings.
- To contribute to Laboratory-wide discussions on developments within the field.
- To draft scientific papers, and contribute to the overall preparation of research for publication.
- To contribute to the LMB’s mission in the public engagement of science, and the translation of research findings into improvements in health care.
- To assist in the training of PhD Students and other members of the LMB, and collegially share techniques and findings.
- Applicant should PhD in a relevant subject or due to complete PhD within 6 months.
- Experience of and ability to perform techniques relevant to the project. Particularly useful would be:
- Experience of standard biochemical techniques including expression and purification of molecular complexes.
- Experience in structural methods such as crystallography or cryoelectron microscopy.
- Experience with high-resolution structure determination of RNA-protein complexes or ribosome complexes using x-ray crystallography and/or cryoelectron microscopy.
How to apply:
|Organization||MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB)|
|Subject areas||Molecular Biology, Life Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|