The Department of Biostatistics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH) is inviting applications from an international scholar in statistical science for the Pranab K. Sen Distinguished Visiting Professorship in Biostatistics.
About the position:
- The position is for the fall semester beginning August 2020 for a period up to five months, or for summer 2020 up to three months.
- Preference will be given to applicants from developing countries as defined by the Departments of Biostatistics and Statistics and Operations Research and in consort with the dean of the Gillings School of Global Public Health.
- Preference will also be given to applicants who provide a plan of proposed research.
- The visiting faculty will conduct research, possibly teach, and interact with faculty, students, and the university community.
- The major benefit will be an intensive interaction of the visitor’s strong methodology background with applications to interdisciplinary research underway at UNC-CH. The visiting professorship, at the assistant, associate or full professor level, offers salary support commensurate with the rank.
- Financial support for other expenses such as travel is negotiable.
- Applicants should hold a PhD in statistics or biostatistics or have commensurate educational background.
Application to be sent via email to email@example.com with three letters of recommendations and CV, Cover Letter, Research Statement.
|Organization||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Subject areas||Statistics or Biostatistics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 1, 2020|