Predoctoral Research Contracts (PRC)
Predoctoral Research Contracts (PRC) at the Department of Information and Communication Technologies (DTIC), Universitat Pompeu Fabra seeks doctoral applications from talented students with a strong interest in research. Candidates for PhD positions must hold an M.Sc degree or equivalent.
DTIC fellowships are targeted at extraordinary pre-doctoral researchers in the DTIC’s research areas. The fellowship provides a recognized first step into a research career.
Host institution: Department of Information and Communication Technologies, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Computation and Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence and Theoretical Computer Science
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining
- Cognitive Multimedia Technologies
- Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Wireless Communications
- Image Processing for Enhanced Cinematography
- Sound and Music Computing
- Graphics and Educational Technologies
- Network Technologies and Strategies
- Analysis of Biomedical Data and Non-Linear Signal Analysis
- Information Theory and Coding
- Computational Neuroscience
- Instrumentation and Biomedical Electronics
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Computational Imaging and Computational Physiology
How to apply:
- Fill the application form
- For any consults contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration of the fellowship (PRC): Maximum 4years, renewed yearly
- Candidates must have submitted a PhD application.
- Condition: Candidates must be accepted to the PhD program are eligible a fellowship..
- Every fellowship application should be combined up with an admissions application into the PhD program.
- Admissions to the PhD program are handled by the University Admission Office.
Types of fellowship (PRC):
- Teaching: including 60 teaching hours/academic year. Fellowship fully paid by department
- Teaching and Research: Includes 40 teaching hours every academic year and research tasks. Fellowship funded between department and research group.
- Research: includes only research tasks and is funded ONLY by research group.
- First PhD application period: November 27th, 2017 to January, 15th, 2018
- Second PhD application period: January, 16th, 2018 to March, 5th, 2018
- Third PhD application period: March, 6th, 2018 to April, 19th, 2018
- Fourth PhD application period: April 20th, 2018 to June, 1st, 2018
- Fifth PhD application period: June, 2nd, 2018 to September, 14th, 2018
|Organization||Universitat Pompeu Fabra|
Computer Science, Biomedical, Music, Graphics, Instrumentation
|Eligibility||Open for EU as well as International students|
|Deadline||Applications Accepted Five times a year
approaching deadline: March, 5th, 2018