Project Officer (Chemical Engineering): CARES Cambridge CREATE, NTU
Lab is looking for a talented and creative chemical or computer engineer to support the J-Park Simulator (JPS) Project. The JPS project aims at a comprehensive virtualization of industrial operations, i.e. a hierarchical representation of data and models associated with every entity in an industrial park, in order to exploit synergies for resource, energy, and emissions savings.
Objective: The overall goal is, using ideas from the Semantic Web, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistics, to create an integrated simulation platform and expert system capable of providing quantitative decision support.
1.) Develop main software tool (JPS). This involves keeping abreast of the latest web technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realization
2.) Participate in research discussions with local industries and partners, overseas universities, and writing reports
3.) Build a data model of industrial entities and infrastructure of a large industrial park which makes use of a geographical information system (GIS)
4.) Develop mathematical systems / models for the chemical industry and utilities companies
5.) Perform data integration using advanced statistics
6.) Create semantic representations of data, models and algorithms
7.) Designing and developing executable programs and browser based applications
8.) Visualize data in a modern media lab
9.) Write conference / journal papers and reports
Qualifications / Requirements
- A good Bachelors / PhD degree in a relevant discipline such as Chemical Engineering, ideally involving chemical process modelling or computational chemistry.
- Excellent knowledge of chemical process modelling tools such as AspenPlus, HYSYS, or gPROMS, object-oriented programming languages (Java), scripting languages (Python), IDEs (NetBeans, Eclipse)
- Understanding of thermodynamics and reaction kinetics, electronic structure theory, process flow diagrams, relational and non-relational database management systems, semantic web and ontologies (an advantage).
- Mathematical and statistical skills, with experience in algorithm and methods development (an advantage).
- The ability to publish conference/journal papers
- Willingness to learn and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- The ability to work as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team of researchers
How to Apply:
- CV and publication list,
- Names and contact details of three referees, and
- a covering letter discussing interest and qualification for the position to email@example.com.
|Organization||CARES Cambridge CREATE,
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
|Fellowship Level||Project Officer|
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Deadline||Open until filled|