PROMOS-Scholarships at the Kiel University
The mobility program of the DAAD supports short-term study periods abroad worldwide with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. PROMOS aims to make an important contribution to increasing student mobility.
PROMOS program is open to Germans and students of equivalent status, who are fully registered at Kiel University in their 2nd semester or higher and also process sufficient language skills in the language of instruction. Non-German students may also apply for a scholarship, if they are enrolled in a course of study at a German university with the aim of obtaining a degree at the university. Study visits in home countries are excluded.
Type of Scholarships
The DAAD determines the grant amount, instalments and travel costs.
- Semester Scholarships (3 to 5 months)
- Short Term Scholarships for a Thesis (1 to 6 month)
- Internships (6 weeks to 6 months)
- Language Courses (3 to 8 weeks)
- Specialised Courses (1 to 6 weeks)
- 1. February 2019 – funding possible from 15. April 2019
- 1. May 2019 – funding possible from 15. July 2019
- 15.October 2019 – funding possible from 1. January 2020
Fellowship Value: The scholarship holder will receive a monthly subsidy € 300 (for a very few countries € 400 or € 500) and one country-specific payment for travel expenses. Travel expenses will be paid at the beginning of the stay. Enrolment and study fees are not covered by the program.
|Fellowship Level||Short Term Scholarship for a Thesis, Internship, Language Course, Specialised Course|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||300 – 500 €/month along with Travel epences|
|Deadline||February May, October|