University of Oslo (UiO) invites applications for a PhD fellowship within the field of political theory and/or public administration. The position is part of the research project ‘Democracy and Expert Rule: The Quest for Reflexive Legitimacy’ (REFLEX). ARENA is a multidisciplinary research centre at the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Oslo
Duration: 3 years with no teaching obligations
Starting date: 1 August 2017
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in a relevant discipline within the social sciences or law.
- Applicant must have submitted master’s thesis before the application deadline.
- A prerequisite for taking up the position is the successful completion of a master’s degree.
- Applicants must describe their qualifications, research experience and research interests, and are encouraged to submit up to two examples of their written work, e.g. master’s thesis or published articles.
- Applicants must further submit a project proposal of up to 5 pages outlining the research topic, the specific problems to be studied, empirical case selection, the choice of theory and method, and a timetable.
- Application to be submitted online and must include:
- Application letter (max. 2 pages)
- Project proposal (max. 5 pages)
- CV describing education, any academic employment or other qualifying activity.
- Grade transcripts (university degrees only)
- Copy of Master’s degree or documentation of thesis submission
- Up to two publications
- Complete list of publications (if any)
- 2 references with names and contact details (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, political Science, Law|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click