The Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona) is seeking a senior Research Associate to join the newly established Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics lab. The lab focuses on developing cutting edge biotechnology to study blood stem cells in regeneration, aging and cancer. As a senior position, the research associate will lead various projects and co-mentor other early-career researchers. This involves participating in all stages of project design, project execution, and production of figures and manuscripts. The position requires at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience, preferably in an international setting. Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in developmental biology, hematopoiesis and stem cell biology will be highly valued.
- Lead a single-cell technology project in the lab, with the assistance of a research technician
- Co-lead other projects in collaboration with PhD students and Postdocs
- Engage in teaching and training undergrad and graduate students
- Participate and present in group meetings and scientific discussions
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers
- Engage in career development activities, outreach and soft-skill training
- Applicant must hold PhD in a relevant life-sciences field and >2 year’s experience as postdoctoral researcher
- Applicant must possess Fluency in English (at least scientific level)
- Motivation to work in an international environment within a cutting-edge research project
- Knowledge: Developmental biology, immunology, hematopoiesis
- Skills: Molecular cloning, injections, transfection, lentiviral preparation, imaging, library preparation.
- Applicant must have knowledge in Embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, 3D-culture and some International experience.
Apply online and upload CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
|Life sciences, Biotechnology, Biosciences
|Open to all nationalities