The School of Science at the Loughborough University is inviting applications for Research Associate in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
About the Project:
- Title: Design and synthesis of molecular probes/sensors for biomedical imaging.
- Job Grade: Specialist and Supporting Academic Grade 6
- To conduct research and undertake primary data collection in the area of design and synthesis of molecular probes/sensors for biomedical imaging.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the research group and lab of Professor Matteo Zanda and to support with the supervision of post-graduate students.
- Background in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry 1
- Advanced organic synthesis 1
- Design and synthesis of complex organic molecules 1
- Authoring original work for high quality academic journal papers, conference papers or technical reports
- Experience at post-doctoral level of working in a high quality academic research environment
Skills and abilities:
- Design and synthesis of complex organic molecules using state-of the-art synthetic, analytical and spectroscopic methods
- Ability to contribute to develop an original research programme on your own initiative and to persuade others of its importance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Excellent working knowledge of analytical/spectroscopic methods such as NMR, MS, HPLC, LC-MS
- Ability to write project reports and make technical presentations to industrial and academic research groups
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety issues
- Training Demonstrate evidence of having undertaken further training
Qualifications: PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry
Duration: The position is full-time and fixed-term for 2 years
|Subject areas||Organic Chemistry|
|Fellowship amount||£30,395 – £39,609 per annum|