Research Associate/Research Fellow in Microstructural Brain MRI, The Cardiff University, UK
Description: The Cardiff University is looking for a candidate who can carry out methodological research into advanced characterization of tissue microstructure in the human brain using non-invasive MRI methods.
- Development and application of novel quantitative microstructural imaging approaches, with a focus on advanced models of diffusion.
- Exploring synergistic benefits of information from other imaging approaches used at CUBRIC, with quantitative relaxometry, quantitative magnetization transfer imaging and quantitative susceptibility mapping.
- Review and synthesize existing research literature within the field.
- Participating in CUBRIC/School research activities.
- Building and creating networks both internally and externally to the university, to influence decisions, explore future research requirements, and share research ideas for the benefit of research projects.
Disciplines: MR Physics, Engineering or any similar.
Qualifications: Postgraduate degree or PhD or any equivalent.
- Experience in microstructural imaging, Specification of signal sampling, identification and Interpretation.
- Knowledge in diffusion MRI, with opportunities and challenges of working at high field and state of the art modelling approaches.
- Experience in complimentary quantitative white matter imaging techniques, multi-component relaxometry, magnetisation transfer imaging and susceptibility mapping.
- Solid computing skills, with shell-scripting, coding, image-registration packages, the Linux environment, and use of statistical packages.
- Ability in contributing to competitive research funding.
- Good Communication and Team Working.
Application procedure: Apply online using the link given below the post.
Salary: Salary is according to grade
- Grade 6-£33,797 – £40,322 per annum
- Grade 7-£42,792 – £49,553 per annum.
|Organization||The Cardiff University|
|Fellowship Level||Research Associate/Research Fellow|
|Subject areas||MR Physics, Engineering or any similar|
|Fellowship||£33,797- £49,553 per annum|
|Eligibility||Postgraduate degree or PhD or any equivalent|
|Deadline||5 March 2021|