The Environmental Science group at Radboud University is inviting applications for a Research Engineer in Environmental Science. The group studies the effects of human activities on the environment, typically using process-based or data-driven models building on multiple large datasets.
About the position:
- The research engineer will improve the data management and optimis the model codes.
- As a research engineer, he/she will be assisting the research staff (from PhD candidates to professors) in data management and analysis by optimising hardware (managing the cluster and cloud-based facilities) and advising on software (packages and coding), both on an individual basis and by giving group workshops.
- He/she will also play a role in our groups teaching activities by assisting in various BSc/MSc courses that include programming or modelling components (e.g. the Introduction to R Programming course).
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree in a relevant discipline (Environmental Science, Ecology).
- Applicant must be proficient programmer, preferably in R and Python, with expertise in distributed (cloud-based) computation.
- Applicant must have proven experience with retrieving, harmonising, organising and storing large datasets.
- Applicant must have affinity for and preferably experience in teaching (BSc/MSc level).
- Applicant must have a good command of spoken and written English.
Address application to Aafke Schipper and submit it, using the online application portal and should include the following attachments: Letter of motivation, CV
|Fellowship Level||Technical fellowship|
|Subject areas||Environmental Science, Ecology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27 October 2019|