The School of Life Sciences, Sussex Drug Discovery Centre at University of Sussex has opportunity for a talented individual to join a team with extensive expertise in Epstein-Barr Virus Biology, Drug Discovery and Medicinal Chemistry based in a School with an international reputation for excellence in structural biology, cancer and genomic sciences.
- A PhD or equivalent scholarly or relevant professional activity
- Publishing research (either from a recently completed PhD or new original research).
- Expertise in medicinal chemistry/chemical biology, synthetic chemistry and drug discovery approaches.
- Experience of working in fragment-based drug discovery and hit-to-lead stages of drug discovery.
- Ability to synthesise, purify and characterise molecules and develop new synthetic routes and techniques.
- Ability to work within a team to design innovative solutions to problems.
- Demonstrable track record of problem solving in a medicinal chemistry setting.
- Experience of drug discovery in either an industrial or an academic environment.
- Ability to work with others across scientific disciplines.
Applicant must be sent via email with personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||University of Sussex|
|Fellowship Level||Research assistant|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27 May 2021|