The Department of Education at University of Oslo invites applications for a 4 year position in a Research Fellowship as PhD Candidate related to the research areas covered by the research group “Text comprehension: Development, Instruction, and Multiple texts” (TextDIM).
About the TextDIM:
- The TextDIM research group investigates oral language and discourse in relation to reading literacy in both language minority and language majority students across the age span.
- Ongoing projects research short- and long-term effects of promoting oral language development in the preschool and early school years, as well as understanding and promoting critical reading and learning skills among secondary and post-secondary students.
- Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-methods approaches are used in this research.
- Applicants must prepare a project proposal that can be positioned within one of the following thematic research areas within the TextDIM research group: “Teaching for text comprehension”, which examines ways of supporting young dual language learners’ language development and text comprehension in early childhood education, or “Multiple document literacy”, which concerns students’ critical reading of and learning from multiple information sources, as well as the roles of individual and contextual factors in such critical reading and learning.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in education or another relevant academic field. The Master’s degree (120 ECTS) must have a minimum grade B (ECTS grading scale) or equivalent. The Master’s degree must include a thesis of at least 30 ECTS
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must include:
- Cover letter statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Project description (8-10 pages)
- Completed application form for admission to the doctoral degree programme
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- A complete list of publications and academic works
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Education Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st November 2019|