Research Grants – One-Year Grants for Doctoral Candidates by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
The primary aim of this program is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programs.
- Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diplom,
- In exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
Duration of the funding
- Seven months to usually tweleve months (7-12); the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
euros 861.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off research allowance
Sbject Areas: DAAD offers programs that are generally open to all subjects, although certain restrictions apply to some subjects.
1. Academic Qualification (documented by: university degree certificates, references, list of publications)
2. Quality of the research project(documented by: presentation of research project, time plan, references, proof of contacts, if applicable, language certificates):
- Quality of research project presentation and preliminary work
- Originality, topicality and relevance of project
3. Additional criteria (documented by: curriculum vitae, if applicable, certificates)
4. Additional knowledge and skills (e.g. through professional or voluntary activities, further training)
|Organization||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Subject areas||Any Discipline|
|Eligibility||Open to all|