The Research Group Leader shall make an important contribution to the research carried out at the Cluster and become an active member of the Cluster community. The project must be connected to at least one of the Cluster’s research areas (perceptions, participation and policies) as well as the empirical domains of inequality (education, employment, political rights as well as newly emerging topics such as environmental and health inequalities).
About the position:
Reference Number 2020/153. The Cluster offers a position for an independent research group leader starting on January 1, 2021 for a duration of up to 5 years. The position includes an additional budget of up to 600.000 Euro for personnel, data collection, field work, travel costs etc.
- Excellent PhD in the social sciences
- Significant work experience at the postdoctoral level (typically 2-4 years)
- Early track record of high-quality research publications that go beyond the PhD dissertation
- International orientation in research networks and output
- Ability and willingness to engage in interdisciplinary collaborations
- Keen interest in science communication/open science
How to apply:
- Applications should contain a research proposal describing the planned project and include a cost estimate for personnel and other costs (about 10 pages), a current CV and list of publications and two reference letters (commenting on the candidate and the proposed project).
- Reference letters should be sent directly by the reviewer to the cluster (email@example.com) until 16 October 2020. Detailed proposal instructions can be found below.
- The closing date for application is 04 October, 2020, submitted via our online application portal. Selected applicants will be invited to present their research proposal in person at the end of October.
- Interested candidates may contact the Cluster Speaker Dr. Marius R. Busemeyeras well as the Managing Director of the Cluster Jessica Haase for further information.
|Organization||University of Konstanz|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Educational, political and social sciences|
|Deadline||October 04, 2020|