RIKEN Center for Brain Science has Research scientist position at Reiko Mazuka Lab for Language Development, Center for Brain Science (W20049).
About the position:
- The successful candidate will participate in the international comparative research on language acquisition: our collaborators are in South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Canada, USA, Italy, and France: we compare developmental differences among languages, and between Asian and Western languages: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Mandarin Chinese, English, French, Italian etc.
- The successful candidate will investigate language development in infants and toddlers, with a focus on speech perception, speech and vocabulary development, and analyzing phonetic characteristics of conversational speech sound between mother and baby.
- She/he will execute behavioral experiments, as well as recording and analyzing conversational interaction between a mother and an infant.
- She/he will contribute to experimental design, execution of experiments, analyzing data, and writing papers for peer reviewed journals cooperatively with the other lab members and our research collaborators. If she/he does not have experience in infant experiments, we will offer the opportunity for training.
- In this international collaborative research, she/he will be asked to travel to other institutions inside and outside of Japan. Social skills to work well with the members of Japanese and international collaborative team will be essential.
- Candidate should possess a doctoral degree in developmental psychology, phonetics, linguistics, neuroscience or a related field and research experience.
- Robust experience and demonstrated achievement in the areas below are highly expected:
- Research experience on phonological comprehension in infants and children
- High motivation to learn according to our research interests.
- Japanese language skills are expected so that she/he can explain the experiments in Japanese to participants.
Application to be sent as the PDF formatted application by email to email@example.com with the required documents:
- Cover letter: motivation, research interests and achievements (within 2 pages)
- Complete CV (with photo and email address)
- List of research achievement, publications, and external funds
- 2 letters of recommendation (including one from the current supervisor, If available)
|Organization||RIKEN Center for Brain Science|
|Subject areas||Developmental Psychology, Phonetics, Linguistics, Neuroscience|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until the position is filled|