The University of Bradford strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We particularly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities.
About the position:
- A research technician position is currently available in the laboratory of Dr Clare Peyton for a fixed-term of 21 months.
- Dr Peyton is a Lecturer in the School of Chemistry and Biosciences at the University of Bradford with interdisciplinary expertise in peptide synthesis, NMR spectroscopy and computational chemistry.
- The School of Chemistry and Biosciences has a unique interdisciplinary environment with expertise ranging from biomaterials to computational chemistry with extensive analytical resources available in the Analytical Centre that houses specialist instrumentation, such as NMR and Raman spectroscopies.
- The project will involve working collaboratively with other researchers across the chemistry and biology interface and the candidate will need an ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in manual solid-phase peptide synthesis, cleavage methods, peptide purification and analysis is essential.
- Additional experience working with amyloid peptides is desirable, but not essential. More information on the work carried out within the Peyton Lab can be found at www.peytonlab.com.
How to apply:
- Online applyInformal enquires should be directed to Dr Clare Peyton (email@example.com)
- Job Description
|Organization||University of Bradford|
|Type of position||Technician|
|Subject areas||Chemistry and Biosciences|