Return-To-Europe Fellowships are awarded to support outstanding scientists who, having left the European area for post-doctoral training elsewhere, wish to return to Europe for a post-doctoral position with a view to pursuing an independent research career.
There are two types of fellowships:
FEBS Long-Term Fellowships are awarded to support long-term visits for the purpose of scientific collaboration or advanced training. These Fellowships are originally granted for one year and may be renewed for a further year up to a maximum of three years.
FEBS Short-Term Fellowships are awarded for the purpose of scientific collaboration, advanced training or employing techniques not available at the candidates’ usual place of work.
Applications and eligibility
For FEBS Long-Term Fellowships
Applicants must have a PhD and should normally be scientists with no more than three years of post-doctoral experience.
These Fellowships are granted for two years.
- Applicants need to have obtained their PhD in Europe and held a post-doctoral position overseas for no more than four years.
- They should normally be scientists with no more than six years of post-doctoral experience overall.
- Applications may be made throughout the year, but should reach the Chairperson of the FEBS Fellowships Committee at least two months before the proposed starting date.
FEBS Short-Term Fellowships
- Fellowships are granted for periods of no longer than two or, in exceptional cases, three months.
- Applicants must have a PhD or at least one published paper as a main author in an international scientific journal. They should normally be scientists with no more than six years post-doctoral experience.
Key dates: Return-To-Europe Fellowships are currently awarded once a year. Applications should be made before October 1st of the corresponding year via the online application system (See the link below)
|Organization||Federation of European Biochemical Societies|
|Country||Any European country|
|Subject areas||Any Disciplie|
|Eligibility||Any National with PhD from Europe|