K.U. Leuven University offers Interfaculty Council for Development Co-operation (IRO) fellowships to deserving candidates from developing countries to do their doctoral study in the largest university in Flanders, Belgium.
Host Institution is Katholieke Universiteit in Flanders, Belgium
Field / Level of study:
PhD or pre-doctoral programmes in the Schools of Science, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences or Biomedical Sciences. The research themes proposed by the KU Leuven Doctoral Schools can be found on their respective websites.
Number of Scholarships: Not mentioned.
Candidate from the countries on the OCDE DAC table that are considered as: Low Income Countries, Least Developed Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
The scholarship includes waived tuition fees, accident insurance, installation allowance, monthly allowance, health insurance, and return flight tickets.
- The candidates must be a citizen of one of the countries on the OCDE DAC table that are considered as: Low Income Countries, Least Developed Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
- The candidates may not possess a citizenship from an EU country. The candidates may not possess a long-term EU residence permit.
- The candidate’s latest master’s degree must have been awarded no more than 10 years prior to deadline (including the ongoing calendar year).
- The candidate must hold an academic qualification at least equivalent to a high distinction. Degrees earned with a final score equivalent to second class second/lower division will not be taken into consideration.
- The research proposal must have outstanding academic quality.
- The vacancies that are published on the K.U. Leuven University website are already funded and thus, cannot participate for this scholarship program.
- The applicant must demonstrate a development-oriented motivation.
- The applicant must be supported by a K.U. Leuven University promoter.
- The applicant must be supported by a local co-promoter at the candidate’s home country to ensure embeddedness of the research within the country’s context.
- The applicant must be supported by excellent recommendations from relevant referees.
- The applicant must follow the application procedure and complete his file before deadline.
Applications are open on periodically. You will need to complete the online application form following the online application instructions not later than deadline (tentatively).
Visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship programe.
|Type||Doctoral or pre-doctoral program|
|Subjects||Biomedical Sciences , Science, Engineering,Technology, Humanities, Social Sciences,|
|Closing date||No Specific Deadline|
|Organizations||K.U. Leuven University, Belgium|