The Laboratory for Waste Management in the Transport Mechanisms Group at Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) is looking for a Scientist in Geochemical Modelling and Thermodynamic Databases. This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to three years.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct research in the area of environmental sciences and geotechnical engineering using geochemical modelling approach
- Co-development of the GEMS/PSI geochemical modelling project, including the maintenance of existing modules and development of new advanced functionalities
- Code benchmarking and verification
- Implementation and validation of thermodynamic concepts for solid solutions, sorption models and advanced activity models
- Maintenance and development of thermodynamic databases
- Critical evaluation of thermodynamic data and development of self-consistent databases for geochemical modelling
- Participation in projects relevant to long-term evolution of waste repositories for radioactive waste
- Acquisition of project funding
- Applications are open for a team player able to work independently with strong experience in geochemical modelling and thermodynamic databases, as well as programming skills.
- Candidate is expected to have profound experience in critical evaluation of thermodynamic data, development of self-consistent thermodynamic databases, solid solutions and activity models.
- Candidate should have broad understanding of geochemical processes and mineral fluid interaction phenomena.
- Candidate must hold a University/PhD degree in Natural Sciences, Geochemistry or Geology.
- Applicant must possess very good command of English is required and knowledge of German will be beneficial.
Submit application online by including list of publications and addresses of referees for the position as a Scientist (index no. 4403-01).
|Organization||Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences, Geochemistry, Geology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||29 February 2020|