SCRIPTS Cluster of Excellence– Berlin Graduate School for Global and Transregional Studies (BGTS) is offering three-year English language doctoral programme, provides state-of-the-art theory classes, solid training in research methods and research design, soft skills courses, and individual supervision.
About the program:
- The programme focuses on contemporary contestations of the liberal script from historical, global, and comparative perspectives with a particular interest in global and transregional processes.
- Four PhD positions (E13, 65%) are funded by the Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS), linked to its four respective Research Units (RU): Borders, Orders, (Re-)Allocation and Temporality.
- 3 year full time PhD programme starting September of each year in Berlin.
- Two scholarships for students with Chinese citizenship are funded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC).
- Applicants must have completed a master’s degree in social sciences (political science, area studies, sociology, and history, economics and law) is eligible to apply.
- Proof of C1-level English language skills or the equivalent;
- The expected level of English proficiency is C1 (or better) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which translates into other tests as follows (scores indicated are minimums): IELTS: 8.0; TOEFL PBT: 603/677; TOEFL CBT: 263/300; TOEFL IBT: 110/120; TOEIC: 785.
- All applicants, except those from China, are required to apply online. Applicants from China must submit their application via the Bejing Office of the Freie Universität Berlin. Following documents are required:
- A research proposal
- Letter of motivation
- 2 Reference letters
Berlin Graduate School for Global and Transregional Studies (BGTS)
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, History, Economics, Law, Area Studies|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||17 February 2020|