Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) announces call for application to 76 positions in the PhD courses at the institute for the academic year 2020-2021.
Number of scholarships, subject areas:
- Philosophy: 5 places
- Italian and modern philology: 6 places
- Ancient Sciences: 5 places
- History: 5 places
- Art history: 5 places
- Physics: 6 places
- Maths: 6 places
- Computational methods and mathematical models for science and finance: 7 places
- Methods and models for molecular sciences: 4 places
- Nanoscience: 5 places including 1 in collaboration with Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL)
- Neuroscience: 5 places
- Astrochemistry (joint course with the University of Naples Federico II): 4 places
- Political science and sociology: 9 places
- Transnational Governance (joint course with Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna): 4 places
Duration of courses:
- Classics – 3 years;
- Physics; Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences; Nanosciences; Neurosciences; Political Science and Sociology – 4 years.
Starting date: All courses will start on 1 November 2020
- Applications are open to all irrespective of their citizenship
- Applicant must have an Italian laurea magistrale or an equivalent degree from a non-Italian university, or who expect to have obtained the degree required for admission by October 31, 2020.
- Applicant must be born after October 31, 1988;
- Applicant must not have past criminal charges against them resulting in a prison term of more than three years;
- Applicant must not have been subjected to the disciplinary measure of “expulsion” as specified in the didactic and internal regulations of the SNS;
- Applicant must not possess a research doctorate issued by an Italian university, and in any case have never benefitted from a scholarship to attend a research doctorate course in Italy.
- Names and email addresses of at least two academics for reference letter
- Application must be attached with the following documents in PDF format:
- a valid copy of identity card
- Master’s thesis (MA/MS degree) or overseas equivalent, accompanied by an abstract in English language; candidates who do not submit their degree certificate by the application deadline for admission are required to present an extended abstract in Italian or in English (of not more than around 25,000 characters spaces included); the extended abstract is also compulsory when the thesis is printed in a language other than Italian or English.
- A diploma supplement or equivalent document issued by the university: the list of the exams with the relative marks, the final grade of the MA/MS degree and the date it was attained;
- Candidates who have obtained an equivalent degree outside Italy in a country not belonging to the European Union must enclose a certificate of attainment of the degree translated into English if the original is in another language;
- Copy of publications if any;
- Research proposal
- Spring session: 27 February 2020
- Autumn session: 27 August 2020
|Organization||Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanoscience, Arts, History, Neuroscience, Sociology, Political Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27 August 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value