Senior Archaeologist, Institute of Archaeology, East Sussex, England
Description: Essex and London Archaeology south-East (the Field Unit of the Institute of Archaeology, UCL) is looking for an archaeologist to work on excavations in southern England. The main objective is to undertake and supervise programmes of archaeological research, or to provide specialist services in support of such research.
- Recording and describing the archaeological finds and features (excavation, survey, watching brief, building recording) and off site (finds processing, analysis and description of artefacts and eco-facts, archaeological illustration).
- Supervising project staff in undertaking recording exercises.
- Preparing reports.
- Communicating well with clients and others.
- Contributing towards student training by technical instruction or demonstration.
- Implementation of all relevant UCL policies, with Equal Opportunities and Race Equality policies.
Disciplines: Archaeology or any similar.
Qualifications: Masters, PhD or any equivalent.
- Candidate must have a good working knowledge of British archaeology of all periods.
- Comprehensive knowledge of field practice.
- Co-ordinate and supervise field operations and specialist research.
- Able to prepare comprehensive reports on the basis of their analysis of complex field data.
Application procedure: Apply online and include both an email address and telephone number.
Salary: The position is grade 6. Payment of London Allowance will be added for posts based in London. It is around £25,941 – £30,942 per annum.
|Organization||Institute of Archaeology|
|Fellowship Level||Senior Archaeologist|
|Subject areas||Archaeology or any similar|
|Fellowship||£25,941 – £30,942 per annum|
|Eligibility||Masters, PhD or any equivalent|
|Deadline||31 December 2021|